Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Nite Full of Opening Bands

Well, my Thanksgiving was very good. I spent time with the immediate family with out any complications. I was even able to see a couple of friends and bumped into an old high school friend while I was out and about.

This weekend there is really nothing going on show wise that I'm just dying to write about, but just hit the Red River district for a drink or two. This leads me to what show I'll be checking out at Emo's on December 2nd. Deerhunter will be playing live on the outside stage at Emo's. There is a lot of hype around their new album. I read some where that it was a masterpiece. I personally haven't really heard it nor any of there older material, but I think this going to be a really good show. I remember seeing that Deerhunter opened up for NIN. It was kinda strange, but NIN had a wide array of different opening acts like Does This Offend You, Yeah!, Crystal Castles, Ghostland Observatory. I really don't know if most NIN fans really dug all these different acts, but I would have.

Opening up for Deerhunter is Times New Viking and Nite Jewel. Nite Jewel opened up for Glass Candy this last October, so when I saw she was coming through Austin, it really struck my interest in this show. I'll let the music speak for itself with these two videos. One is from Deerhunter and the other from Nite Jewel. By the way, Times New Viking will be playing at Sound on Sound records during the day at 5pm. I think its free too.

Deerhunter - "Strange Lights":


Nite Jewel - "Artificial Intelligence":

No comments: